Monday, December 30, 2013

Red Lip Colors.


If it's one beauty product you will always find in my purse it's any sort of lip product; lipsticks, lipgloss, lip butters, chapsticks.

I love lip products in the winter time, as for colors I stick with reds and purples. But for this blog post I'm going to stick with reds & I'll make a separate one for the plums.
The traditional bright red goes for any occasion and even makes a casual outfit more put together. But my favorite red for the winter time is a dark red. 

I'm going to be showing you some of my favorite red lip products down below with some outfit descriptions.

Let's start with my favorite RED lipstick.

Kate by Rimmel.


In color 107.



You'll see me wearing this color A LOT. It looks great with black clothing and if you're not feeling the bright red, this color is perfect for you. It's the perfect shade of dark red. Although it does have to be reapplied after some time and after you eat. 


This color even goes great with casual outfits, but the lip color puts some sort of effort to it.
Bottoms: Faux Leather Leggings.
Top: Grey Tank Top; Waist: Red, Checkered flannel

Want to make the daytime outfit to a night out?
Get rid of the flannel and add a vest or a coat; I love faux fur.
Nails: Essie, "to buy or not to buy" (I definitely bought).

Revlon Colorstay Overtime.
Color: Stay Current


There's days where I'm so busy or just worn out that I do not want to reapply my lip color - is this you to? Problem solved. I've recently discovered this product when I was in Target & saw "16 hr color stay." I was a bit pessimistic because I've boughten lip products with the same saying, but I have to keep reapplying it or it smudges a lot. I bought 'Wet n Wild's' megalast, which is more affordable and has the same results, but feels like dry paint after a while.

The color is a nice maroon red and STAYS ON ALL DAY, it DOES NOT smudge, and when you're on a dinner date the color doesn't smudge on your drinks or food!  It comes with two sides, the first side is the lip color & the second is the gloss, which adds moisture. You do not have to reapply this lip product, so if you forget to pack this product don't worry - you'll be good the entire time you're out. But you're welcome to use the glossy side if your lips are feeling a bit dry, which is quite nice.

I live in California, where the weather can go from 80 degrees in the winter to 40 degrees. For others 40-60 degrees may seem like nothing, but for a Cali born and raised girl - I get COLD! I know, I know, that is nice weather in the east coast.

This day was warm, but a bit chilly. So i wore a jean dress, with a brown waisted belt; I added a red long sleeve because it wasn't cold enough to wear a sweater.

LIPS by TOPSHOP.
Color: Rio Rio


The perfect shade of bright red, soft, but does need to be reapplied after a while. The color is so pigmented, it's beautiful.
I love to pair my traditional red lip with jean clothing; jean shirts or jean dresses preferably. I think it makes a perfect combination.
Top: Jean Shirt
Bottoms: Black Disco Pants
Shoes: Black Knee High Boots.

If you want the same red lip color, but for a more affordable price another favorite of mine is Rimmel's Kate in the color 01.

xoxo, Kennia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment